Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default "Why do you have a right to your money?"

On 2/26/2012 9:24 AM, wrote:
On Feb 26, 11:22 am, wrote:
" wrote:

On Feb 26, 12:21 am, wrote:
Then look at taxes and you see the government is
only taking in 14 or 15 percent of GDP, which is really low.

Hawke

you really should not use numbers that are obviously wronge and that
are easily checked. According to the OECD the tax rate is 24.0 % of
the GDP.

Your prejudice is showing again.

Dan

Last year Federal revenue was 2.303 Tn and
15.294 Tn for GDP

That was 15% of GDP

Okay, I am confused.

http://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/ gives total Federal revenue as
5.1 trillion.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Historicals has a table that
agrees with your 2.303 trillion

Okay I see where I went astray. Missed that the 5.1 is total revenue
including cities and states, not just Federal revenue. and the 23.5 %
is the Federal expenditures as percent of GDP.

Sorry about that. I remembered that expenditures were over 21 % of
GDP and then screwed up more when I did a quick check for actual
numbers.

So the Federal Government is spending 56% more than it takes in.

Dan

Yeah, see how it works Dan? Sometimes you get it wrong. That's what
happens when you actually say something. Now you know what it's like.
Should we consider you a liar now? That's the kind of thing you said
about me. You question every statement I make like it can't be trusted.
Now you have proven not to put up accurate information. Is that a
mistake or did you do it on purpose. How can I believe anything you
write when you get things so wrong?

How do you like it? We all make mistakes. I'd appreciate it if you acted
decently in the future if I happen to be the one making the mistake.

Hawke