Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default "Why do you have a right to your money?"

On 2/26/2012 5:40 AM, wrote:
On Feb 25, 11:39 pm, wrote:

So why don't you tell us of the benefits of wealth distribution.

Dan

I don't expect the normal person to know about things like that so it
has nothing to do with being dumb. It's more about you have other things
to think about. But that's why we have people who specialize in that
kind of thing. In this case you would want the help of an economist.

So whose side do you come down on? The middle class or the few elites
controlling most of the country's wealth?

Even an idiot like Plimpton should be able to tell you that the benefits
of having most wealth in the hands of the middle class makes for a
better and stronger country. I can tell you why it's better politically
but it should be an economist that tells you why badly distributed
wealth is bad for a nation. Just take a look at the countries where a
few own everything. Those countries suck.

Hawke

You made the statement, but then claim it is beyond you to actually
tell the benefits. You say even an idiot like Plimpton should be able
to tell me, but you are not able to do so.

I try not be be on a side. I do not believe in class warfare as you
seem to believe.

Dan

Dan, as an American I though it would be self evident to you that it's
inherently better for the middle class to have more of the country's
wealth than a small group of elites. You need to be told why that is?
Having a prosperous middle class is a fundamental American value. But
are you saying you don't know why and that I need to give you the reasons?

I also particularly singled out Plimpton because any economist worth his
salt should be able to explain that one right off the top of his head.
But then I assumed virtually any American could also do the same thing.
Are you saying you need to have it explained to you?

Hawke