Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default "Why do you have a right to your money?"

On 2/25/2012 10:13 PM, David R. Birch wrote:
On 2/25/2012 10:27 PM, Hawwke-ptooey wrote:
On 2/25/2012 11:12 AM, jk wrote:

Don't have a cite. Didn't make it up. What the **** is with you people?
You think I make this **** up to win an argument?

Yes.

I don't. Never have.

I don't now and have never done that.

Tell us again what Ralph Nader said. Or kinda said. Or may have said...
Why do you think I saw what I say? I saw, hear, read
these things and pass them on. I sure don't make anything up. I wouldn't
even think of that kind of thing. I'm not a cheater and never have been.

I'd like to see how accurate you would be after seeing a TV program one
time over two weeks earlier, and not having made any effort to remember
it. I did misremember what Nader said. In my memory of the show I
thought he said 130 million workers had ten dollar an hour jobs. After
checking it out what he really said was 1/3 of the workforce was making
Walmart wages. So regardless of what he said, the truth is the same, and
that is we have a third of our workers making ten bucks an hour or less.
That means we have around 50 million people working for really bad
wages. Does my memory have anything to do with that fact? Is it
important that didn't remember the numbers exactly? I don't think so.

Maybe a bit... imprecise... in memory, though?

Uh, yeah. I reiterated I only saw the show one time and wasn't taking
any notes. I just watched it for entertainment and after two weeks of
not giving it any more thought I forgot some of it. Who wouldn't?

If I can't win an argument fairly I don't want to win it. Besides if you
cheat you didn't really win. But no I didn't not make it up I saw that
on TV somewhere.

Therefore it must be true, I'm sure we all see that.

The longer it's been since you saw something the less of it is
remembered. It's the same for you as it is for me. I've seen every
Superbowl live. I don't remember a lot of any of them. No one can.

It was another depressing statistic showing America's
decline. If you are lower class in America your chances of getting out
of it are now worse than for a European. That's what they said. It's
fine with me if you don't want to believe it. I know it's true.

Or has a lot of truthyness.

Not at all. I saw the statistic. But I see all kinds of stats all the
time. I can't keep everything I see straight and neither can anyone
else. But I do remember it when it show something significant. Something
like Europe passing the U.S. in the ability for young people to move up.
That kind of thing I remember. The other trivial stuff, no.

How so? My point is that America has declined and that young people are
doing worse in getting ahead here than they are in Europe. That was
never the case in the past. So we have gone down hill. I don't like
that. While I'm glad to see the Europeans do better I don't want us to
have to get worse, and I don't think we have to. I just think we've been
doing things wrong for thirty years and now it has all caught up with us
and we're paying for our stupidity.

Hawwke-ptooey

Unless the reps come up with something better than we've seen so far,
we're in for another 4 years of that stupidity.

But he looks nice in a suit and reads what he's been told to say from
the teleprompter well.

David

If you really think that empty suit, Romney, will do better you are
dreaming.

Hawke