Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Arcing on connection to cap on Trane A/C compressor

There's a difference between selfish tech versus a customer service oriented
tech. You are the finer of the two. The quality shows.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

a two speed condenser fan. The only thing wrong with it was the fan quit
working. Another tech told him he needed a new unit and wanted to
install a cheap builders/contractor grade replacement condensing unit.
I replaced the fan motor with a (not cheap) two speed motor and the old
Carrier with the insulation blanket around the compressor hardly made a
sound when the fan was running at low speed at night when the ambient
temperature was low enough. The darn thing should run another 20 years
without a problem. Yes, I know the new stuff is more efficient but the
old guy didn't have thousands of dollars to shell out.

TDD