Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default The case against patents.... inneresting take....

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:16:25 -0600, the renowned "Pete C."
wrote:

It is still first to invent, you can't patent something that is already
in existence and use somewhere else, or has even just been published.
You also can't (aren't supposed to be able to) patent something that
would be obvious to someone in the relevant field and this is one of the
areas that is the greatest problem with the current corrupted patent
office where the skilled examiners have been replaced with bureaucrats.

Skilled or not, I've been told they have only ten minutes to examine a
patent at each go. Even in a field I'm expert it, it would take a LOT
longer to determine if the idea is novel. Any truth to that?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany