Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Crazy phone call

In article , Bob Eager
writes
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 09:42:20 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

Hugo Nebula wrote:

Tim Lamb wrote:

Anonymous call reject.

Which is a pain for real callers from behind switchboards like myself.
I can phone using my Council mobile*, but if I was one of our admin
team and needed to contact someone to sort out a small but non-trivial
detail on, say, a Building Regulations application, I would have to
write a letter to said person and wait for a few more days for a reply.
Meanwhile they would be cursing the Council for not processing their
application sooner.

There's this new-fangled thing called email, maybe the council should
investigate it?

My council has, on more than one occasion, failed to respond to email
after three weeks...Canterbury City Council..

Our council has an email address for planning related issues and had
similar response times. When dealing with them I suggested that they
acknowledge new case emails as they come in, letting the sender know
that the issue was in the queue and they'd receive a full reply later.
They thought it was such a good idea that they adopted it! It was a
classic duh, "we never thought of that" moment.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .