Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default First car recommendations?

In article ,
Davey wrote:
Could you give some more details of this car? Like age and model? The
100 didn't have a pre-select box.

A little clarification. I could pre-select a change up or down, the
actual change being activated by depressing the 'clutch' pedal.

Yes - that's a preselector box.

If it
was not a 100, but a 90 or something, my apologies, I have always
thought of it as a 100.

The 60,75,80,90,100,105,110 were all post war cars with normal synchromesh
boxes. Apart from the 105R.

I'm not well up on pre-war Rovers - but they tended to be named by HP, ie
10,12,20,25 etc.

Are you certain it was a Rover?

Other than that, and that it was black, and had
worn tan leather seats, I don't have much more information. As I said,
"I wonder where he is now?".

--
*A fool and his money are soon partying *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.