Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default First car recommendations?

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 17:01:39 +0000 (GMT)
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Davey wrote:
Wow, a man with understanding of the delights of old cars! I loved
an old Rover 100, which went to whoever in our gang needed a car
for a while, always for £100. It was called Cholmondeley, (pron.
'Chummly), and this fitted the character of the car perfectly.
Pre-selector gearbox, real quarter lights on the doors, dip-switch
on the floor, the way things should be. I wonder where he is now?

Could you give some more details of this car? Like age and model? The
100 didn't have a pre-select box.

A little clarification. I could pre-select a change up or down, the
actual change being activated by depressing the 'clutch' pedal. If it
was not a 100, but a 90 or something, my apologies, I have always
thought of it as a 100. Other than that, and that it was black, and had
worn tan leather seats, I don't have much more information. As I said,
"I wonder where he is now?".
--
Davey.