Posted to uk.d-i-y
brass monkey brass monkey is offline

Default Crazy phone call

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article o.uk, Dave
Liquorice scribeth thus
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 08:19:06 +0000, Tim Watts wrote:

The truth of how important a call is is whether they leave an
answerphone message...

Well one day I wished that hadn't happened..

Was at an Ofcom conference on Friday and mobbie switched to silent..

Check messages at end of afternoon session and received a message which
went thus..

Hello Mr Sayer!, this is doctor Greys clinic. Dr Grey wishes to see you
urgently first thing Monday morning about the MRI Brain scan you had
last week.

Your booked in at 8:30, please be there it is important....

So whole weekend worrying that as I had the scan after some odd
persistent headaches was ****e scared that I'd be told that I've got an
incurable tumour that they'd have to operate on that day and the outcome
by the sound of the urgency wasn't too good...

Monday morn came and I was there ..

So what's the problem Doc why the urgency?..

Ah!, good of you to come in I wanted to see you as I'm off to a golf
tournament in Australia later on today my flights been re booked and
I'll be over there on an extended holiday for Six weeks or so;!.

So hence the urgency!..

Mood went from down there to over there somewhere...

OK thank god that was all it was about, in a VERY relived voice..

Well you do have a problem we found a Tumour a large one.

Mood now crashed down there somewhere..

But its not a malign one at all a lot of people have them and don't even
know they have them anyway!..

Mood wen up there and beyond..

I was very glad to get home and have a stiff drink after that lot of
mental stress!!...

FWIW Tumour was a Pituitary gland cyst, now shrunk away on its own
accord..

Headaches?. Possibly slight Carbon monoxide leak at work!...

Good news then, terrific. But yea, I'd be crapping myself too.