Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Crazy phone call

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 09:11:17 +0000 (GMT), charles wrote:

They could assign a presentation number which is answered by an
automated system (like most big companies have anyway) which

announces
the company name[1] and offeres a simple menu system for sales

etc.

The most ghastly invention.

The key word is "simple". Many menu systems are not simple and are
geared to answering the questions asked by thick ****s who can't read
the instructions or use common sense.

If I've got to the stage that I need to call a company it's almost
invariably because I need to actually speak to some one who has the
clout to actually doe something or give me the required information.
Not some script jocky called "Peter" in Delhi who I can't understand.

--
Cheers
Dave.