Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cleaning up an old table saw

Dave wrote:
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 07:24:17 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
That's what so many people think - until they see the area. Oh - we
are very rural here. My "lot" that my house sits on is 20 acres and
it's all woods. When I first built my house my nearest neighbor was
1/2 mile up the road. Not so now, but... Grew up on 400 acres of
dairy farm - though those things are pretty much a thing of the past
now. To the contrary, I've never been urban - or even suburban for
that matter.

To me, rural means not having the amenities of the city nearby. How
far away (distance or traveling time) is your "lot" from city
conveniences?

Nearest city is Syracuse - about 30 minutes drive down the interstate.

Perhaps something more pertinent to the conversation. How far away in
distance or traveling time is your "lot" from a major hospital? An
airport? A major grocery store?

To me anyway, those things are the "city".

Major hospitals are in Syracuse, so driving time is 30-ish minutes. Airport
is on the north side of the city, so travel time to the airport is about
that same time. Grocery stores - well the day and age of Wal Mart and some
of the larger chain stores have changed what things look like in America in
that respect. Nearest Wal Mart is pretty close - within 15 minutes.
Nearest major grocery is closer in to Syracuse - 20 to 25 minutes.

--

-Mike-