Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default Joining motorways

wrote:
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 17:33:11 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson
wrote:

Crossing the Severn Bridge, towing a car on an A-frame, I was just
charged for a Transit + trailer. Same for Irish Ferries - result.

Well, that seems logical, whether the charge is based on 'footprint' or
on wear and tear caused by wheels - in any sane world I'm not sure how a
car on a trailer with no point of it contacting the ground or overhanging
the edges should mean an extra charge.

I was kinda relieved at the SB not charging me more - I pulled up at
the offices to check this, so I wouldn't block a toll lane in the
event of a dispute.

No, you should always attempt to 'inadvertently' cause max disruption on
occasions like this.

Bill