Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default First car recommendations?

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 10:34:27 +0000
tony sayer wrote:

In article , Davey
scribeth thus
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:48:47 +0000
gremlin_95 wrote:

snip

I am overwhelmed with all the replies, thanks a lot. I shall be
taking your advise into consideration and checking what I can do to
make owning a car affordable to me, if it just doesn't prove
economical then I guess will have to resort to using the bus. There
is a fairly frequent service that is quicker and cheaper than
taking the train.

From what I see, anything is cheaper than taking the train.

Dunno nowadays . I can buy a ticket here in Cambridge to go to London
use the underground and busses for less now that its going to cost to
run my car there put up with the congestion and then more often than
not pay to park it and the congestion charge fee....

Also, congratulations on posting a question that appears to have
*not* deteriorated into unwanted abuse and name-calling! Well done,
young man.

I had to go into London once last year, from Diss. The coach took me
straight to Victoria, and back, and cost £22. I think I could have done
it for £9 if I had booked early enough. All research I did beforehand
told me to avoid car, parking, and congestion charge. And for my
particular trip, there was no easy underground route.
--
Davey.