Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default 3 way switch ground wiring (ignor my neutral wiring thread)

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 22:16:45 -0600, "Doug"
wrote:

I have a electrical box that I pulled out the 3 way switch for
examining the wiring. It has one two wire cable and one three wire
cable going into it. The white wires are wire nutted together and so
are the ground wires. However the ground wires in this box are not
attached to the switch. According to one reference, it says the
ground wires should be attached to the switch yet the author's own
diagram just shows the 2 ground wires wire nutted together and not
attached to the switch. Does it matter whether they attach to the
switch or not?

If it matters, the switch is located within a plastic electrical box.