Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Vertical Mill - $300 Craigslist

On 2012-02-24, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

[ ... ]

Only you could decide if it was worth it, but I would think they
would be a lot of similar gears that would use the same tooling. They
built whiole series of equipment on similar chassis, after all. You
could look at some of the manuals on the Agilent website to get an idea
what they look like, if you're really interested. Agileent is the name
of the former HP test equipment division, for those who don't know. The
site is broken into chemical and test equipment.

The photos/drawings would show me what they *look* like, but
they likely would not show the diametric pitch nor the pressure angle.
(And they might be "module" (metric) gears as well.)

I know that. What I meant was that you could see what styles you
could do.

You know -- with the plastic gears, I think that would be a job
for someone with one of those 3-D printers. If the resolution is good
enough, they could even make the two-part bevel/spur gear, which I could
not with my equipment.

As for the manual for the Tek plugin, it only showed the
assembly with the gears as an outline drawing of gearbox (covered),
Veeder-Root counter, switch and 10-turn pot as a complete assembly. No
drawing of what the gears even looked like under the covers.

At one time Tektronix would provide engineering drawings for obsolete
parts. There was a guy in Orlando making HV transformers for the tube &
hybrid scopes about 15 years ago. He requested the drawings and
suppliers for the core & bobbins and built a winding machine.

Hmm ... that would have been nice -- but I did not know that it
was a possibility, so I just plunged ahead with what I could make. :-)

And yes, I know that Aligent took over the HP test equipment
line.

That wasn't aimed at you. It was for someone who might be lurking, or
who might stumble across the tread later on.

O.K. Good thinking.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564