Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cleaning up an old table saw

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:45:34 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Um, someone tell Mike about the No Child Left Behind laws.

Show me the No Child Left Behind Law that specifies that all students will
be taught to the lowest common denominator. What are the penalties for
violating this law?

They're
what predicated the change to LCD teaching.

does not exist in my area, as it is thrown about in forums like this.
Perhaps things are different where you live - I never spoke to anything but
the area where I live.

And someone find the
persons responsible for putting more money into the architecture of
school buildings, the sports programs, and the administrator salaries
than that of the teachers. And make them pay for their crimes against
humanity.

We would not disagree too much on that point, but that's pretty much the way
it's always been. Teachers who have been at it for a while though, do make
very good money around here. My daughter-in-laws parents were both teachers
and both retired at over $100K. They weren't hurting for compensation. My
DIL started right off at $45K - not a bad starting pay for 9 months worth of
work.

Were the parents Professors or school teachers? Profs make more.

My neighbor's son was a high school Principal and tried to save
teachers after funding cuts by removing the funding for the athletics
department. The -state- jumped in and said he _must_ fund the dept.
This was not the PE classes, but the -volunteer- sports programs. He
thought that if enough parents wanted the sports, they could fund 'em
themselves. The state told him differently. thud

That is what's criminal.

Amen! I guess the state thinks that parental donations directly to
the school and/or the sports programs more than make up for the lack
of teaching and teachers, somehow.

--
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt