Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Kristian Ukkonen Kristian Ukkonen is offline

Default Digital Scales, Recalibration?

On 2/24/2012 20:24, Kristian Ukkonen wrote:
Although I have to admit that it makes sense to fix two wheels against
the cable and deflect the cable at the middlepoint between wheels
a known amount, and measure force needed for deflection. Elegant.

http://www.checkline.com/cable_tensiometer/CTM

BUT it again requires for force measurement.. The ones above only
require measurement of elongation with dial indicator, which is cheap
compared to load cell and electronics..

Actually! The easy way is to use PULL instead of push there..
A digital fish scale or such ready-made-cheap-load-cell could
then be used directly to pull the cable a known amount (angle).
Then it becames a vector sum of the forces, I think..

Of course, it is not an on-line measurement, but one-shot..