Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default First car recommendations?

On 23/02/2012 23:02, Fredxx wrote:

Taxable benefits don't take into account the insurance premium for a
teenager, so might be a cost effective solution.

+1. About 20 times.

Insurance at that age is likely to be more than the cost of the car.
Think thousands. Possibly up to 4K.

If you can get a company vehicle out of them do it. Anything! Take a
pay cut. Heck, go for minimum wage!

Now (puts on Dad hat) remember that the other driver is out to kill you.
Not all of them, not even most of them, but a few of them. Like the
one who hit my son - he went through the green light on the pedestrian
crossing, and thought it meant he could drive straight onto the
roundabout 50 yards later. I'd probably have dodged, my son with
limited experience didn't. It moved a suspension tower and wrote the
car off. Luckily he now has a company car...

Andy