Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Wbat is a hands-free meter?

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 10:19:43 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Feb 24, 2:40*pm, micky wrote:
Wbat is a hands-free meter?

I don't especially want this meter, but I do want to know why it's
called hands-free.

http://www.amazon.com/Equus-3310-Han...timeter/dp/B00...

It has 2 test leads, but no robot to hold them where they should go.

I googled and they all hands free seem to be by Equus. *Is this just
some stupid marketing ploy.

Oh, here's another brand: *Omega makes a hands-free talking digital
meter, but shouldnb't this be called eyes-free?http://www.omega.com/Pressure/pdf/HHM2.pdf
Oh, it has an asterisk after "free" and that points to "*When meter is
clipped on a belt or used on a bench" *In that case, isn't every meter
hands-free!!!

And how are those equus meters hands free when they don't talk?

I'm just sayin'

The test probes have little grippers on them, operated by an insulated
tit.
It grips the conductor but you still have to hold the meter. It means
you can hook on without having to put the meter down somewhere.

Hard to believe. I'm going to buy the 3320, so when it comes I will
see. If it's just a couple pointed probles I wont' post back. If
it's better than that, I'll try to. But that doesn't mean the same
people reading this thread will see that post.