Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "14-Year-Old’s Game-Changing Solar Power Design"

On Feb 24, 9:51*am, dpb wrote:
On 2/24/2012 8:36 AM, wrote:

Yes, either reduce, eliminate or generate a profit.

Only in the local sense; it's costing all the rest of us in subsidies to
make up the extra cost for the utility to do that. *At some point it may
be an overall paying proposition, but it surely isn't yet. *

--

Yes, I agree. At least the cost is continuing to come
down. One thing that's particularly funny is what

It's also interesting that their state of the art $700mil
fab that the govt money went into was incapable of
making a competitive product. It went from start
of contruction to useless in 18 months. I had a long
career at Intel and never saw such an event occur.
But then Intel stopped building new Fabs in silicon
valley 25 years ago. And they haven't built a new
one in CA in 15 years, because of the costs in
doing business there. No secret, except I guess
to Solyndra.