Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Wbat is a hands-free meter?

"micky" wrote in message
Wbat is a hands-free meter?

I don't especially want this meter, but I do want to know why it's
called hands-free.

http://www.amazon.com/Equus-3310-Han...sbs_03_01_t_lh

It has 2 test leads, but no robot to hold them where they should go.

I googled and they all hands free seem to be by Equus. Is this just
some stupid marketing ploy.

Oh, here's another brand: Omega makes a hands-free talking digital
meter, but shouldnb't this be called eyes-free?
http://www.omega.com/Pressure/pdf/HHM2.pdf
Oh, it has an asterisk after "free" and that points to "*When meter is
clipped on a belt or used on a bench" In that case, isn't every meter
hands-free!!!

And how are those equus meters hands free when they don't talk?

I'm just sayin'

Did you read the description? It states:
a.. Includes test lead holders for hands-free testing