Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Lawn Mower Will Not Start

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:27:02 -0600, "Freckles"
wrote:

My Toro Personal pace lawn mower has a problem with the pull starter.

It is difficult to pull the cord and often hangs up and can not be pulled at
all.

And then later it is good again? If so, I've had that problem with
one Briggs and Stratton engine, maybe two. . Never figured it out.

When it was working right, it woudl start the engine. When it wasn't
I'd have to pull it in some special way to get the rope to retract.

(This is not the same as the broken spring I also never figured out. )

Can anyone tell me if this can be repaired, and if so where can I buy a Toro
repair manual.

Just in case you didnt' see it. The guy's right. You need an engine
manaual by whoever makes your engine.

Thanks,

Freckles