Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components
Lee Lee is offline

Default Special 10% log taper audio potentiometers?

On 24/02/2012 17:57, Adrian C wrote:

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/IMG_4237.jpg

I'm fixing an old amplifier (Mission Cyrus StraightLine) replacing the
20K dual gang volume control. It looks like a fairly standard 17mm PCB
mount job, but I can't locate the D-type / 10A logarithmic taper (10%
value at 50% rotation) of the original part.

I'm guessing a 15A taper (the standard logarithmic, A-type) would
probably be unusable at the low end of rotation - I've got a loud source
and sensitive speakers - but have ordered one from eBay just for a test
on that.

But who sells the 10A logarithmic types of a decent quality? I'm in the
UK* but will do international purchases.

*have tried RS, Maplin, CPC, Farnell, Rapid, eBay. 0/10 so far.

Digikey list some Panasonic "D" taper pots on page 2083
http://onlinecatalog.digikey.com/uk/...kinId=7.4.4.26