Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What kind of soap or powder do you use for very dirty hands

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 03:32:50 -0500, "Steve W."
wrote:

Ignoramus19207 wrote:
Sometimes, I find it very difficult to clean up my hands after
handling some dirty stuff. Dishwashing Soap and orange lava do not
seem to work very well. Is there anything better. A powder or
different soap or whatever.

Thanks

Fast Orange or Orange GoJo either one with pumice. Both will take off
most any crud you get into. And they don't stink like the kerosene based
ones.

You can get a product called Invisible Glove in some stores. You apply
it like a hand lotion and it keeps the crud from sticking.

I'll second both of those. The skin protector keeps crap from getting
down into the pores, the worst part of dirty hands any more. I wear
gloves when I can (latex, nitrile, leather, cotton) or just go for it
and use GoJo when I can't. I do like the orange-oil-based goops they
have out now. Old style hand cremes would leave a thick, greasy layer
on your hands which wouldn't wash off very easily. I hated the
slippery finger feeling they left.

--
Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why
good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a