Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default More ado with phishing..

Clive Page :
On 23/02/2012 14:44, Tim wrote:
Life is just *way* too short for me to do this at least 10 times a day. I
feel sorry for pensioners and net newbies who get caught by these scams but
I very much doubt that end recipient reporting is the way to go about
dealing with these.

Reluctantly, I agree.

The other problem is the stupid behaviour of financial institutions.
For example I use Nationwide Building Society, who have a perfectly
sensible domain name of nationwide.co.uk, but their on-line banking
system uses a different domain name (nationnet.something if I remember
correctly) and when they send out mass emails these appear to come from
yet another domain.

My bank doesn't have an e-mail address for me. I've never seen any
reason for them to have one.

--
Mike Barnes