Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Joining motorways

steve robinson wrote:

Junction 15 M6 very short hard right hand bend

?
The northbound off slip is short, and goes into a sharpish bend, but
isn't a problem if you know about it, the nortbound on slip has almost a
circle, but quite a long acceleration lane. Southbound off slip is
short, but slopes up to the traffic lights so you don't need to brake
harshly. The southbound on slip is fairly long, with a reasonable
acceleration lane, and I very rarely have problems joining or leaving at
that junction, even driving a coach, unless there's a train of lorries
coming south along the M6 at their normally preferred separation of
about half a coach length.

I can enter all off slips on this junction at the legal maximum and slow
comfortably to a safe speed.

Can I nominate the Coventry inner ring road as the most dangerously
designed road in Europe? Junctions every few hundred yards, with the
onbound slips merging into the offbound slips, with vehicles trying to
join and leave the ring road using the same few yards of junction.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.