Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default First car recommendations?

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 13:19:11 +0000
gremlin_95 wrote:

On 24/02/2012 13:03, Andrew May wrote:
On 24/02/2012 12:24, Davey wrote:
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:11:48 +0000
Andrew wrote:

On 24/02/2012 11:33, tony sayer wrote:

Also if our lads going about the A14 then he needs something
like a tank to survive that road to hell;!....

Although it does sound as if it is the other end of the A14 which
I have never found to be particularly bad.

I wonder where the western end is? I just know it from Felixstowe
to the A1(M).
"Here be Monsters" as you go west?

I think this is the bit that the OP will be using. It joins up with
the M6 and M1. Don't think I have ever been held up on the A1=M1
section - but not sure I have ever been on it in the rush hour.

It will be the A14 just after Junction 19 on the M1, looks like how
you describe on the map with it joining the M6 and M1

There is also a problem on the A14 as it goes past Cambridge in the
rush hours, too much traffic for the available road. Luckily I can time
my trips to avoid this problem. But it's still not 'hell', there is the
M6 north of B'rum some years ago for my memory of that. Maybe that has
been relieved by the M6 Toll Road?
--
Davey.