Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jaugustine@verizon.net is offline

Default RCA 27" TV Ch M134C Service Menu Information

Hi Bruce,

My own RCA TV, a similar model, uses the same remote and when I push the
MTS button, sure enough there is the correct menu, "Stereo, Mono, etc." which
is set for "Stereo".

I don't get this with my customer's TV.

John

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:13:55 +0000 (UTC), in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

wrote:

I have in my service shop, an RCA TV 27V412T chassis M134C that I can
not set the TV sound for stereo. It stays in "MONO" (on a channel with stereo
sound) . I can change the sound mode (eg. Speech, Theater, etc.). Pressing
"MTS" button on the remote only causes a display, "CATV 4 MONO" to appear
on the screen. "MTS" is suppose to allow me to select "Mono", "Stereo", or
"SAP".

I hate to sound like Mister Obvious but are you sure there is a station
broadcasting in MTS?

That was the old analog broadcast system, I know there are a few LPTV
stations left but are any of them really using MTS?

I'm just saying, unless the set is seeing a stereo MTS signal on an analog
channel, I don't think you can select any other mode besides mono.

-bruce