Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default What kind of soap or powder do you use for very dirty hands

Ignoramus19207 wrote in
:

Sometimes, I find it very difficult to clean up my hands after
handling some dirty stuff. Dishwashing Soap and orange lava do not
seem to work very well. Is there anything better. A powder or
different soap or whatever.

The best cure is prevention: get a package or three of blue nitrile gloves at Harbor Freight.
Wait for them to go on sale, and you can get them for about five bucks for a box of 100.

For the stuff that gets through tears in the gloves, or on your wrists where the gloves don't
reach -- or when you forget to use the gloves -- try Fast Orange. It works best if you start by
using it *without* water: work it into the grease thoroughly, until all the gunk liquifies. *Then*
wash it off.

Another product you might try, if you know anybody who's an Amway distributor, is Amway's
LOC. In my experience, it works better than Fast Orange, but it costs more, too (which is why
I switched to Fast Orange).

Someone else suggested Goop; I disagree. Goop doesn't dissolve well in water. Keep
using Goop to clean your hands, and eventually you're going to wind up snaking your sink
drain to remove a 1/4"-thick lining of greasy, dirty Goop. That's why I switched from Goop to
LOC.