Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Idle fun for net hackers..

Mike Barnes wrote:
The Natural Philosopher :
Mike Barnes wrote:
The Natural Philosopher :
Look it seems that people don't actually understand this scam.

A letter arrives. It appears to come from - lets say - customer-

One giveaway is it isn't addressed directly to you, by name.

It tells you to click on the attached html form and fill it out.
Do I understand you correctly, that some e-mail clients will accept
an
HTML form and enable you to complete and submit it without it being
displayed in your browser? That sounds scary. I ask because my mail
client won't do anything like that, I'm sure.

No, clicking on the form WOULD have invoked my browser and looked like
I was logging in to my bank.

Presumably it would have looked like you were logging in to your bank
only if you ignored the browser's address bar when the form was
displayed.

The form was attached to the email so was in fact in my inbox. I am not
sure what the location bar says with a file.

As I said the ONLY place where the 'foreign' web site was mentioned was
as a FORM target.

In which case my browser at least does not say where the form target is
when e.g. hovering over a submit button.