Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default First car recommendations?

In article , The Natural Philosopher
scribeth thus
Mark wrote:
gremlin_95 wrote:

Thanks, I am 17 so insurance is very expensive, I am looking for part
time work at the moment to save as much as I can so I don't have to make
my parents pay every penny etc ...

any saving you may make on MPG on buying a car will be far outweighed by the
insurance cost for a young driver in the first year.

+101

so pick your first car by its insurance rating
see
http://www.adrianflux.co.uk/blog/200...eens-cheapest-
young.html

Yep. Some of these tiddlers are really nice to drive - love the wife's
old Punto...could throw that around easily. Made out of used bacofoil
mind you, and bits kept falling off inside.

Also if our lads going about the A14 then he needs something like a tank
to survive that road to hell;!....
--
Tony Sayer