Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default First car recommendations?

The only thing I don't like about Japanese cars and some others (French
I think?) is that they don't seem to have a very heavy solid feel to
it, almost like they feel very err tinny? Like when you shut the door on
my Dads Passat, it feels heavy and makes a thud, compare this to a
Toyota I have worked on, all you get is a tiny clunk. Just a personal
thing I guess.

Yes thats why I've always liked German built cars and owned a few
Passat's over time. One I had a 1991 registered, is still on the road as
is a very old Volvo 850 estate.

Even my set of wheels is now 17 years olde I really must get around to a
newer one so everyone sez, but while it keeps going and I can chuck a
load of building clobber in the back it will do fine
--
Tony Sayer