Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Downie[_3_] Tim Downie[_3_] is offline

Default First car recommendations?

gremlin_95 wrote:
Hi all,

I will soon be needing to buy my first car. I was wondering what
recommendations and advice people on here would give? It will be used
for a lot motorway driving (commuting) due to the nature of the
apprenticeship I should soon be getting

I was looking at the Polo and Lupo from VW, the diesel versions as
these seem to give better economy for longer journeys?

I am not looking to buy new simply because I couldn't afford it.

Reliability and fuel efficiency are the most important things for me.
Not worried about 'street cred' as such. I know insurance is going to
be quite expensive though

Probably mentioned elsewhere but the 1.0L Toyota Yaris will fit the bill
regarding reliability, economy and insurance and are surprisingly nippy for
a 1L engine. Also completely lacking in "street cred" if that's what you're
after. ;-)

Tim