Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default More ado with phishing..

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 07:45:38 +0000, Mike Barnes
wrote:

Dave Liquorice :
On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 19:07:04 -0000, dennis@home wrote:

I never get spam in my hotmail inbox, it uses a user defined white list
so only people I allow can send me mail.

So when you correspond (in the broadest terms) with some body "out
there" you have to add them to your whitelist? That must be fun if it
was a webform and you don't know the address it was sent to or what
address is going to be used for the response.

I achieve a similar effect by giving each organisation a different
address. Then, if and when spam starts arriving, I blacklist on
recipient rather than sender. That happens one or two times a year. With
that system in place I have no need for an automated spam filter and no
danger of false positives.

And it's easy to work out where the spammer got your address from.

OK, not so similar after all. But it's a system I recommend.

I use a similar system but do give out a "real" email address to
trusted people.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?