Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Crazy phone call

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article m,
"brass monkey" writes:
Had a terrific phone call today -
Him - I have information that you had an RTA in the last 3 years

On several occasions, I've instantly responded to that by saying
"lier!". That comes as quite a surprise, and the call goes
completely off their script (and comfort zone) from that point on.

Me - You're dreaming it up, mate
Him - Do you think I waste my ****ing time phoning people up on a dream, you
****ing knob
Me - Well, you're wasting MY time
followed by much hilarity and telling the wife that some **** is calling me
a ****ing knob. If anyone was near him they'd have heard me laughing my
goolies off.
Anyway, I said thanks very much and put the phone down.
Number withheld, there's a surprise.

I had a WITHHELD in the morning a few days ago...
"Is that Mr Gabriel?" in a broad Indian accent.
"Who's asking?" is always my initial response to this.

snip...

Poking around the BT website this morning, I came across the
following....

Anonymous call reject. Set up, star 227hash. Cancel, hash227hash.
Check, star hash227 hash.

Apparently the caller gets a *call not accepted message*.

This may have cropped up recently in discussion about automated *useful*
messages from hospitals etc.

regards

--
Tim Lamb