Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] philipuk@gmail.com is offline

Default First car recommendations?

I love my 02 plate Suzuki Swift. It is not at all quick or trendy, but
it has done me 10 months of driving from Devon to Essex and back every
other weekend and is still going strong. Insurance is on the cheaper
end of the scale.

I've put 50,000 miles since I bought it three years ago and it has
cost me servicing (got a new cam belt put on it when I first got it
serviced). A new exaust, battery, ht leads, tyres and sunries like the
odd windscreen wiper and bulb. It will need new brake discs/pads very
soon I suspect. I think that is more than good.

If you are a young driver, best advice I can give is don't have an
accident (so keep the speed right down and drive carefully), or the
insurance rise next time might put you off the road.

Philip