Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More ado with phishing..

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 01:43:52 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

... a well known book company, whose IT department was stupid enough -
and probably is still stupid enough, to tell the users that really yes
they were mydomain.co.uk and not mydomainco.co.uk.

Maybe you ought to offer to sell it to them? Or rent it to them or
provide an email forwarding service on a cost per email basis, say 1p
each. "email" being anything sent to that domain and forwarded, spam
and all. B-)

Then my domains were registered at a trusting time too, and my name and
address and email address are still there for anyone who trawls the
whois register ..

Depending on the use of the .co.uk domain you can be a "private
individual" and withold your details. Can't (shouldn't!) do that for
a domain used commercially.

--
Cheers
Dave.