Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
ChairMan[_2_] ChairMan[_2_] is offline

Default Trunion help/update

"ChairMan" wrote in message
m...
does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this shaft out?
My saw (Rockwell contractor saw) has been very hard to raise the blade,
so breaking it down the reason lies here. It won't move.
I've used some penetrating oil to try to loosen it up, no help so far
take it to a machine shop and have it pressed out?
suggestions?
TIA

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.
I never got the shaft out, but I clamped it to one of my horses and started
lubing it with penetrating oil and working it up and down with a crowbar.
Finally got it loosened up and then flooded it with WD-40 while I worked it
up and down until it ran clear from rust. Now if I pull it to the up
position on the horse it will fall to the down position. It moves like butta
Again, thanks for all the replies and suggestions

sidenote....rereading this reply, sounds almost kinky.....shaft, lube, upand
down.....ahh, but I digresseg

Attached Thumbnails
Trunion help-p1010082-jpg