Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Armadillos

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 06:03:38 -0800 (PST), RonB wrote:

I debated the OT because this is home related. Other than a lawn
chair, flashlight and shotgun, does anyone have suggestions for
controlling Armadillos?

Cars seem to do a good job around here. I think they're really woodchucks
with (too thin) body armor.

We live in a small town and our back yard
backs up to farm fields and timber. You seldom see them during the
day but they are rooting up the ground near our house, shed and even
places in the middle of the lawn.

Try getting rid of the bugs in your lawn, grubs, in particular.

Our neighbor said they drove him to distraction while he as trying to
establish a lawn several years ago. He was coming home late one
evening and saw one waddling across the yard in his headlights, and he
ran him down with his pickup. I would like to avoid that tactic too.

..22SP works well.