Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Vertical Mill - $300 Craigslist

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

There are some simple flat gears, like used in their signal
generators to drive the variable capacitors. someone on the antique
radio newsgroup is looking for a gear for the HP 606.

Hmm ... probably I would have to purchase more gear cutters.
They tend to be rather expensive these days, and I had to purchase one
for the Tek gears. 32 DP, 20 degree PA of the proper size for a 20
tooth gear. This can add up if I have to keep buying those.

Only you could decide if it was worth it, but I would think they
would be a lot of similar gears that would use the same tooling. They
built whiole series of equipment on similar chassis, after all. You
could look at some of the manuals on the Agilent website to get an idea
what they look like, if you're really interested. Agileent is the name
of the former HP test equipment division, for those who don't know. The
site is broken into chemical and test equipment.

That week was always vacation time.

I couldn't afford to take that as vacation. I never had that
much saved up at a time. :-)

I only had a week or two each year, and I made it a condition of
emplyment that I could get that week off, every year.

I only have eight computers in my bedroom right now. The rest are
off, to keep from having to run the A/C today. They can make this 10' *
10' room quite warm. It is supposed to be a child's bedroom, but it is
right newt to the bathroom, and I am very uusteady when i first wake up,
so the larger bedrooms are used for storage.

This is a larger room, of course, and in practice is our living
room. :-)

That's where I work on computers, when I feel well enough.