Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default 8 hundred and 92 knobheads

Man at B&Q wrote:
On Feb 23, 10:29 am, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:
Man at B&Q wrote:
On Feb 22, 10:29 am, Andy Burns
wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I always wonder at the mentality of those who deride
pollution free vehicles and still think that choking, smoking
diesels are OK

My previous diesel (Honda 2.2) would give a cloud of black
smoke if you suddenly hoofed it e.g. getting to speed up a
motorway on-ramp. Current car (Audi 3.0) has a DPF and I've
*never* seen so much as a wisp of smoke from it ... though, yes
I've heard the horror stories of expensive replacements being
required ... will have to see about that if it comes to it.

The former is the EGR system. Expensive as well, but not as eye
watering as the DPF can be. Apparently there is a place in london
that will drill a sodding great hole through the DPF and remap
the engine as a "bodge".

My next car will not be a diesel.

Well said!

Oh christ, I've been praised twice by Drivel.

Look in a mirror and say his name 3 times.

--
Adam