Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Lacquering metals

On 2/23/2012 12:01 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

I had the painter at my body shop (where I wrenched) do my '72 Int'l
Scout with royal blue Imron. He used undercoat under black Imron on
the removable top and it looked really sharp. That was some tough
paint. Another friend _gave_ it to me. He said he had sold the
plane, after deciding against painting it before he sold it, so the
Imron was still in his garage, unmixed. I was happy.

The stuff was just great as a product. Shot well, easy, and was
indestructable. A tad toxic, but what the hell - we were all
indesctructable at that time as well - right?

A buddy of mine and I sprayed quite a few vehicles with Imron back in the late
seventies/early eighties. Great stuff. I remember the first time we tried it
we mixed some up and didn't use it all; we left it in the gun with intention to
come back the next morning and shoot another coat. I guess you know what
happened with that little strategy! :-)

I take it Imron is no longer available? What happened, did the tree huggers
drive it off the market?

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/