Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Digital Sliding T-Bevel

On 2/23/2012 8:00 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
wrote in :

I have a battery powered volt meter that does ohms, volts and all that
rot. My BIL gave it to me around 1975 and it takes one AA battery,
maybe two. I never changed the battery, it has a white paper label
with no name on it. Still works perfectly. I thought both these
items, my calc and this thing were some sort of freaky thing, but
seems there was a lot of this going around in the 70's. I don't think
this happens any more, am I wrong?

The only thing you've got to keep an eye on is leaking batteries. An
analog meter doesn't need the battery to measure anything but
resistance, so naturally it'll last forever.

I always thought batteries had a short shelf life whether used or not.
Guess I was wrong. Another thing that lasted around 10 years or more
was one of those little kids book that played a song when you opened it.
This was the itsy bitsy spider book, and it was sitting in a bookcase
for many years and when I opened the thing, it still worked. I'd guess
10 years at least.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com