Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default "Why do you have a right to your money?"

On 2/22/2012 3:11 PM, wrote:
On Feb 22, 4:11 pm, wrote:

What did I say that would make you think that I don't think that people
who do more or work harder don't deserve to get more in return for
putting out more than others do? I call that fair. You do more you
should get more. I'm saying that principle isn't in operation very much.
Too many people are getting gigantic pay where it's not warranted and
lots of people work very hard and get crap for pay. It's the disparity
between the 1% and the working people that I'm talking about. That's
what is screwing up the country not the minor things you just mentioned.

Hawke

When you complain that the system is unfair. The fact is that the
system is fair for most people. You worry too much about a few
people that get a lot of money There are not that many of them. But
there are a huge number of people that get pretty good wages. There
are a good many that screw up and do not save as much as they need to
save. They buy new cars and trucks Or they have more cars and trucks
than they need. Like you. You have two motor vehicles, you are not
married, and frankly I do not see why you need two vehicles. Or why
you need to carry a concealed weapon and spend so much time and money
at the range. Some of them smoke. Lot of them buy bottled water.
And buy things on credit cards. You have five acres. Do you have a
vegetable garden? Got a cell phone? Cable TV?

it isn't hard for the average guy to save enough for retirement, but
the average guy does not do it. The average guy does not even bother
to go to the library and read up on how to save and invest.

Dan

Yeah, but don't you think the average guy who applies himself and works
hard ought to have a pretty high level of prosperity considering this is
the richest country in world history?

Just look at what it used to be like here back in the fifties when it
comes to income distribution. It was much more equal. The country's
wealth is far more unequally distributed now. That is wrong in my book.
Way too much money is concentrated in too few hands. As a political
scientist I see that as a threat to the political system and to
democracy. Too much wealth in the hands of too few is a recipe for a
corrupt country and regime.

There are all kinds of reasons why a more equal wealth distribution
would be better for most Americans than what we have now. I really don't
see any argument you could make why 1% should be in control of most of
any country's wealth. In the past that almost always leads to a
revolution. Is that what you want?

Hawke