Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default "Why do you have a right to your money?"

On 2/22/2012 2:50 PM, George Plimpton wrote:

What did I say that would make you think that I don't think that people
who do more or work harder don't deserve to get more in return for
putting out more than others do? I call that fair.

I call it "fair" if they don't work as hard, but work smarter, and get
much higher rewards.

No one is entitled to any particular level of success.

No one is entitled to anything. We make the system that we want. We can
make a fair one or we can make an unfair one. Throughout history we've
mainly made unfair ones. Granted we can't make anything perfectly but by
now humans do know enough to make a system that is mainly fair to most
of the people. What we have now isn't close. We're more like Mexico now.
Do you think they spread the wealth fairly in Mexico or do a few
families control just about all the wealth? You want that here?

Hawke