Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Idle fun for net hackers..

NT wrote:
On Feb 23, 3:01 pm, 82045 wrote:
On Feb 23, 2:13 pm, Jim K wrote:

was poor Richard directly responsible or had his domain been hacked by
miscreants?
Jim K

If "poor Richard" has been hacked receipt of 1000 mails a second might
make him more careful with his system security in future.

More likely poor Richard doesnt have a clue what's going on, and will
simply have to abandon the email addy altogether.

Dear boy it was not an 'email addy' it was a physical linux machine.
And it was where, if I had been stupid enough to fall for the scam, the
supplied form would have sent my bank account details and password.

Now Richard may be entirely innocent, but if he is his machine is
running a lot of code he doesn't know about including a whole webserver
and set of PHP scripts.

NT