Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More ado with phishing..

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:44:57 +0000, Tim wrote:

I'm sure that if the will (and the money) existed, 99.9% of them could
be intercepted at server level.

Very little spam arrives in my inbox I think the last bit was about
two weeks ago. The junk mail folder (sorted by Spam Assasasin) has 14
messages in it since the begining of the year. If I look in the logs
I see around a couple of attempts an hour to send me stuff that gets
rejected at the SMTP level. So yes spam is easy to intercept at the
server level. But doing the blacklist lookups etc adds server load so
the big providers are reluctant to do much checking.

--
Cheers
Dave.