Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default 8 hundred and 92 knobheads

On 22/02/2012 06:31, Nthkentman wrote:

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17107715

Does that make the many councils and sub-contractors using EV knobheads
as well?

I would expect so... as a rate payer I would want to see a costed
breakdown to make sure they do not have a higher TCO than a diesel. I
have no interest in whether they promote a "green image" for the
council. (since they are generally far from green!)

Several major sub-contract companies I go to have EV for
transport and tasks up to 3.5 tonnes. Very useful they are too.

Does that make milk floats which have been utilising batteries for
decades to lower noise when delivering early in the morning, keep costs
lower and provide services otherwise not available to elderly or sick
people knobheads too?

Don't think you are aiding the image of EVs with the milk float argument...

Does it make the people living in the cities that benefit from all the
concessions provided for EVs knobheads?

Probably yes... do the benefits make up for the massive price premium
for the vehicle?

No, it's just people like you that provide links and derogatory
statements about technology you know little about because it doesn't fit
into your "Good old days" attitude lifestyle that are..

The technology is "ok" at best. However, unless backed by either better
battery technology (and that would need to be an order of magnitude
better), or a nationwide exchangeable battery system *and* a very
significant expansion in nuclear generation capacity, they are pretty
much pointless for the time being.

Right now petrol/diesel we have, spare generation capacity we don't - so
pure EVs can't be adopted in any serious numbers.

Perhaps the apprentices assisting the companies building them should be
shouted at more often, or sacked for not clearing the snow in the car
park so you can park your gas guzzler and given a thick ear to remind
them who's the boss eh.....

Luddite

Greenwash...

--