Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Idle fun for net hackers..

On Feb 23, 2:00 pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
I got a phishing email today.

Told me to click on the HTML and sort out my bank.

A bit of inspection of teh attached code showed that it wanted me using
a direct copy of my banks login page, to submit my details to a machine
in Australia. Registered address was a Richard someone or other.

Armed with the IP address of said spammers machine, I managed to
ascertain it was running a mail system. Better still,. it accepted mail
to 'root@localhost' (most machines will).

He has mail..

I do have under development on a centrally located server with
gigabytes of bandwidth a mail client that will send mail to any IP
address directly..the thought of flooding his mailbox with 1000 mails a
second appeals..

OTOH I may just register the IP address with spamhaus

:-(

was poor Richard directly responsible or had his domain been hacked by
miscreants?

Jim K