Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Digital Sliding T-Bevel

Jack wrote in :

I have a battery powered volt meter that does ohms, volts and all that
rot. My BIL gave it to me around 1975 and it takes one AA battery,
maybe two. I never changed the battery, it has a white paper label
with no name on it. Still works perfectly. I thought both these
items, my calc and this thing were some sort of freaky thing, but
seems there was a lot of this going around in the 70's. I don't think
this happens any more, am I wrong?

The only thing you've got to keep an eye on is leaking batteries. An
analog meter doesn't need the battery to measure anything but
resistance, so naturally it'll last forever.

Modern batteries should be checked for leaks every so often (9Vs aren't
too bad about it, but AAs are horrible).

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.